TOS TV brings you daily news on business, politics, and development. TOS TV aims to become one of the world’s most trusted sources of informative, educational and entertaining news that provides a comprehensive range of high-quality inspirational programming and broadcasting.
TOS TV Network is a fast-rising current affairs station and we want persons who can tell the African story that encourages business between Africans. We want amazing storytellers that handle their own camera and have an entrepreneurial eye. We are looking for experienced and innovative broadcasters with the ability to meet our digital-first philosophy for the position below:
Job Title: Content Creator / Photographer
Department: Programmes & Production
- Content Creator will write and publish various types of pieces for TOS TV web sites, based on TV shows and content from social media communities.
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO guidelines to optimise content.
- Create and distribute marketing copy to advertise TOS TV and TOSF products
- Shoots still and moving images for inclusion in online and TV bulletins
- B.Sc. in Marketing, English, Journalism, Photography, Art, Design, Film, Television, Media Studies or relevant field.
- Experience with digital publishing and generating traffic and leads for new business
- Proven work experience as a Content Creator, Copywriter or similar role
- Portfolio of published articles
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- An ability to fact-check long-form content pieces
- Excellent photography skills
- Time-management skills
- Familiarity with SEQ
- Deciding and initiating action: takes initiative and works under own direction;
- Relating and networking: Easily establishes good relationships with customers and staff; builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organisation;
- Entrepreneurial thinking: Keeps up to date with trends in own work area; identifies opportunities for advancing TOSTV’s mission; demonstrates financial awareness and a concern for cost-effectiveness
Application Closing Date
14th August, 2020; 5:00 PM (West African Time)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Position title” as subject of the email. Example: Content Creator / Photographer.