The Cell Norbert Zongo for Investigative Reporting in West Africa is glad to announce a new release of Grants for investigations in the region!
CNZ are proud to announce the first round of our Sahel Program focusing in Niger, Mali and Burkina Faso.
CNZ believe good quality journalism is key to promoting transparency, impact positively on civil society and improve good governance, democracy and accountability in the sub-region of West Africa.
- CNZ is looking for investigations with a unique angle powered by public interest and innovation, tackling issues in three different countries in the Sahel: Mali, Niger and Burkina Faso.
- stories that exposes bad governance, organised crime, corruption and human rights violation in the following areas:
Health systems, Water, Food, Pollution, Illnesses, Medicines.
Crucial for development, we are looking for innovate stories that could help us raise awareness on issues, businesses or practices impacting health in West Africa.
- Traffick and Illicit Transit:
The traffick and illicit transit poses a growing risk for the region, being key point from America, Europe and Middle East, West Africa is also a strategic area for illegal transit or traffick of humans, young girls or young boys specially, medicines, cigarettes, cash, minerals, drugs among many others.
- A pitch of maximum 250 words with the story idea specifying to which category are you applying for.
- A preliminary budget estimate with a detailed breakdown of costs (travel costs, etc). [link to doc]
- A confirmation the article could be published in the newspaper you work with.
- Specify how you plan to do it and if you have documents to prove your story.
- A sample of published work by you.
Fill out the application template and the proposed budget. And send it to.
Arnaud Ouedrago, Programme Manager email@example.com
Application template: https://goo.gl/rMuLvE
Application Deadline: June 22, 2018
For More Information: